Rail-mounted container gantry crane (RMG crane) is a special rail-mounted hook crane widely used in the world. The rail-mounted container gantry crane is suitable for the handling and loading and unloading of international standard containers in container yards and railway container transfer stations. It is a lifting machine supported on the rail by steel wheels and powered by electricity.
Features of RMG Cranes:
1. The site utilization rate is high. RMG cranes can generally stack 8 to 15 containers plus 1 or more lanes in the midspan, while standard RTG cranes can only stack 6 containers plus 1 lane in the midspan.
2. It has good positioning ability and can provide the fastest and most effective container storage and detection system. It is easy to realize yard automation. If it works with automatic trucks or container transfer conveyors, it can achieve high operating efficiency.
3. The operation speed of each institution is higher and the operation efficiency is higher.
4. Powered by electricity, no exhaust emission, low noise, and good environmental performance.
RMG crane performance parameters
The lifting capacity of the RMG crane has 3 indicators: rated lifting capacity, lifting capacity under the spreader, and lifting capacity under the hook. At present, the maximum lifting capacity under the spreader is more than 50 t, but most of them are 30.5 ~ 42 t.
The lifting height of RMG cranes is mostly around 15 m, and the largest one has exceeded 20 m at present.
span and reach:
The minimum span of RMG cranes is currently 15m and the maximum is more than 60m, mostly between 25 and 35m. The working reach of the crane is generally not more than 10 m. This type of model is widely used in container terminals on both sides of the Rhine, such as the Mannheim container terminal, which is equipped with 2 RMGs, one of which has a span of 65 m and an overhang of 13 m; the other has a span of 65 m. . 5 m, the outreach is 14. 5m and the lifting capacity is 35 t.
Structural features of RMG cranes:
Rail-mounted container gantry crane is composed of the main beam, rigid and flexible gantry legs, running trolley, hoisting mechanism, cart running mechanism, electrical system, operating cab, etc. According to the operation process of the yard, the cantilever is extended in the direction of the single-door leg or the double-door leg to become the single-cantilever or double-cantilever model, and the non-cantilever model is not extended. Different structural forms of no cantilever, single cantilever, and double cantilever are determined according to the site, the container storage, and transportation process, and the vehicle (container truck or railway vehicle) to be loaded and unloaded.
Rail-mounted container gantry cranes are divided into different forms according to the structure of the main beam and the gantry legs and the anti-sway device used.
- The double cantilever rail-mounted container gantry crane needs to pass through the inner space of the door legs on both sides due to the container. Therefore, the clearance in the width direction of the door legs is relatively large. Depending on the form of the main beam carried by the door legs, the double cantilever rail-mounted container gantry crane generally adopts the upper part of the door leg to open into a “U” shape and the upper part of the door leg to connect into a “Π” shape. The structure of the non-cantilever rail-mounted container gantry crane is relatively simple because the container does not need to pass through the inner space of the door leg.
- Compared with the quayside container crane, the running speed of the trolley of the rail-mounted container gantry crane is lower, and generally, no anti-swing device is provided. If the user requests to reduce the operation intensity and improve productivity, the anti-roll device is provided. For rope-type hoisting mechanism. Its anti-swing is generally realized by applying damping to the rope; for a rigid hoisting mechanism, its anti-swing is realized by rigid components.
How do I service an RMG crane?
At present, RMG mainly has 2 types of maintenance cranes!
Slewing Maintenance Cranes
The fixed electric hoist crane is used, which is installed on the outer side of the main beam on one side, and the vertical column is manually rotated. The lifting capacity is small, generally no more than 1t, the coverage is small, and the turning radius is generally less than 3m, that is, only the parts can be hoisted to the trolley On the platform, the parts are moved manually, and the heavier parts need to be hoisted with the help of truck cranes on the ground.
Gantry Maintenance Crane
The inverted U-shaped gantry is supported on the outside of the two main beams, and the self-propelled electric hoist crane is used. More convenient to use.
RTG crane video:
WeiHua group RMG cranes have only been widely used in port container terminals and container yards in recent years, but they have developed rapidly and have become the first choice for many terminals and yards.