Overhead crane operator requirements
An overhead crane is a bridge crane. It is mostly used for loading and unloading bulk cargoes, stockyards, and outdoor cargo yards. Overhead cranes are frequently employed in port cargo yards because of their high site utilization, vast working range, wide adaptability, and great flexibility.
We must master the safe operating procedures of overhead cranes to ensure personal safety. When working, pay attention to emergency stop signals. Overloading should not occur.
What are the specific requirements for overhead crane operators?
- Check components such as brakes, hooks, wire ropes, and safety devices against the spot check card’s specifications. If an abnormal occurrence is discovered, it should be addressed first.
- Before closing the main power supply, the operator must validate that no one is on the platform or track. The main power supply may only be turned off when the original responsible person has removed the power circuit breaker or notice board.
- The operator must be familiar with the overhead crane’s construction, performance, and functioning condition, as well as all of the crane’s information. Guidance assists the crew in mastering the overhead crane’s characteristics, production arrangements, and technical measures, as well as achieving continual development of the unit’s business (operation) level in accordance with the man-machine integration criteria.
- The operator should follow all relevant equipment management and production management rules and regulations; lead the crew to faithfully implement the superior’s decision and complete the production task; accurately report the locomotive and crew to the superior department; and do a good job in the unit’s and equipment user’s production. Collaborate and lead the team to give excellent service to customers.
- When lifting a heavy object for the first time (or when the load reaches its maximum weight), the heavy object should be placed down after being lifted 0.5 meters above ground level, the brake performance should be checked, and the normal operation should be performed after confirming that it is reliable.
- It is strictly illegal to use the reverse brake to stop the crane or trolley during normal operation; while changing the direction of movement of the crane or trolley, it must be halted immediately so that the mechanism may be entirely stopped before moving in the reverse direction.
How to make sure the crane works safely?
Lubrication has a huge impact on how well and how long each crane mechanism lasts.
Please refer to the instructions for mechanical and electrical product maintenance and lubrication while lubricating. For moving carts, grease should be injected once a week. The oil level should be checked on a regular basis and replaced as necessary.
Rope made of wire
Pay notice to the wire rope’s damaged wire. The new ropes should be changed as soon as possible if there are any broken wires, strands, or the quantity of wear has reached the scrapping requirement. Steel wire ropes with phosphating coatings, galvanized steel wire ropes, and smooth steel wire ropes are among the options.
Spreaders must be checked regularly.
Examine the rope groove for wear, the rim for cracks, and whether the pulley is caught on the shaft.
Regularly inspect the rim and tread, and replace a wheel when the rim piece is worn or damaged to 10% of its thickness.
If the difference between the diameters of the two driving wheels on the tread exceeds D/600 or if there are severe scars on the tread, the vehicle should be re-polished.
Once a day, it should be checked.
The pin should not be jammed, and the brake should work properly. When the brake is removed, the brake shoe should fit the brake wheel appropriately and the brake shoe clearance should be equal.
Reasons and preventive measures for oil leakage of crane reducer
- Because of the manufacturer’s unreasonable design: there is no special ventilation hole in the design process, or the ventilation hole is too small, and other design defects will cause the pressure inside and outside the reducer to be unbalanced, causing leakage failure, which will eventually lead to reducer lubricating oil leakage. Fault. It’s also conceivable that the reducer’s connecting surface isn’t firmly sealed after a lengthy period of usage, resulting in leaking.
- The accuracy of the contact surface of the box is insufficient due to the low degree of processing technology, resulting in poor sealing performance and oil leakage.
- Many internal obstructions are produced by faulty maintenance by operators or maintenance workers in the daily usage process, and the internal pressure is higher than the outward pressure. At the same time, too much oil is present, and the fasteners are not properly secured, resulting in a gap between the two boxes. Oil leakage occurs when the joint surface is not tight, for example.
When you are operating an overhead crane, the correct operation can avoid the serious cost caused by the accident, and also protect the safety of people’s lives. Therefore, before operating the crane, thoroughly grasp the operating specifications in the operation manual, because each crane has its own unique specifications. We must wear hard hats and protective equipment when operating or working near cranes.